Twitter was all about the 140 character count. It's changed. Twitter is visual now! In the past you could only link to videos and images but Twitter will now let you have your very own user image gallery. All of your recently uploaded images will be stored online, waiting for the world to see them!
As one of Vancouver’s leading social media experts we post on social media feeds for our clients every day and we know this is an opportunity for branding. Social image sharing is something marketers should embrace since we know people often learn visually. It's a tool to communicate visually and at October 17 Media, we believe you should always put some variety into your posts so it doesn’t get stale.
So, here’s how Twitter’s image galleries will work:
Twitter started rolling out user "photo galleries" to select members this past Monday. Not everyone has it yet (during the production of this article, anyway) but you will shortly.User galleries on Twitter aggregate the images you've uploaded in your Tweets into an organized page where you can view all of your most recent images.
The images included in user galleries are populated via popular image sharing feeds that you might subscribe to such as Twitter, yFrog, TwitPic, Instagram and other image sharing services supported by Twitter.
Technical Limitations of User Galleries:
- User galleries will display up to 100 most recent images in your Tweets, in chronological order.
- Video thumbnails will not be included. Tweets with video links will not be included in user galleries.
- Images in Tweets will not be displayed if the Tweet was sent before January 1, 2010.
Navigating User Galleries:
- User galleries can be found on an individual user’s Profile page.
- Clicking on View All will open the user gallery in your current window.
- There are two different options for viewing the galleries that can be changed in the upper right-hand corner of the gallery once it's opened:
- The grid view will show you thumbnails of all images we're able to display.
- The detail view will show you the most recent image, complete with the body of the Tweet displayed below it and thumbnails for other images above it.
Need help with social media? We strategize, create and implement social media campaigns everyday. Give us a shout.
Own your life,